PCAG is a voluntary organization that was formed to emphasize quality of life and promote excellence in the provision of care, for patients and their families, during serious life threatening illness.
The organization was established and is affiliated with WINDREF since March 18th 2015. PCAG is currently run under the Iota Epsilon Alpha Honor Society at St. George’s University School of Medicine.
- To advocate for excellence in the provision of end of life care.
- To educate about all issues faced at end of life care.
- To promote quality of life, dignity, respect and compassion for all patients and their families coping with serious life threatening illness.
- To help develop and promote national standards of practice for the support of palliative care in Grenada for those with serious life threatening illness.
- To help develop and promote national standards in prescribing and the regulation of appropriate medicine for palliative care of those with serious life threatening illness.
- To promote recognition that a support network of established health care professionals, family, and community working together are required to provide the best standard of palliative care.
- To collaborate with other bodies and organizations where they share our mission.
- To act as a charitable organization that upholds and supports all of these Mission Statements.